5/17/2012

Annabel Karmel on Parenting

Annabel Karmel

Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited - All rights reserved


As parents, we all worry about whether we’re raising our children the right way. It’s really hard to know what is best: Is it OK to give an occasional bottle if you’re breastfeeding your baby? At what age should you introduce solid food? When is the right time to give your baby a cup? How do you know when your little one is ready for finger foods?

I have written this book to guide you through each stage of feeding your baby and toddler, up to three years of age, by answering all of the common questions that concern parents. Whatever the problems you may encounter along the way, they are sure to be shared with other moms and dads. Reading this book will give you insight into what to expect, as well as lots of tips and advice on how to cope with all kinds of feeding issues.

Right from the start, breastfeeding can be a challenge and it can be easy to give up—especially in those often difficult first few days. However, with the right advice, you will soon find that breastfeeding is much easier and more enjoyable than you ever imagined, so persevere!

Introducing a baby to solid food is a confusing time due to so much conflicting advice. I find that parents are often so worried about food allergies that they keep their babies on very restricted diets of fruits and vegetables, because they’re concerned about introducing foods such as eggs, fish, and meat. However, babies will not thrive on low-calorie, restricted diets—they need iron from red meat, essential fatty acids from oily fish and, unlike adults, they need more fat and less fiber in their diets. The advice I give in this book is based on the latest medical research from top experts. I want to give moms and dads the confidence to know that they are giving their babies the food they need to grow and develop.

Since I lost my first child Natasha twenty years ago, I have devoted my life to researching child nutrition. I have written 17 books and I work with the top experts in the field of child nutrition. With the knowledge I have gained over the years, I find ways to encourage children to eat the foods that are good for them by including them in tasty recipes, which are easy to prepare. Combining my own experiences as a mom of three with the latest scientific research, I hope that this book will help to guide you through your baby’s first few years, and give you the peace of mind to know that you are giving your child the very best start in life.

This information was published in 'First Meals & More Your Questions Answered With 50 all-new “recipes to the rescue” by Annabel Karmel - p6 and p7'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Recipes